University of Music and Performing Arts Munich
(Hochschule für Musik und Theater München)
Telephone: +49 (0)89 289 03 (Central)
Admission to studies is only at the beginning of the winter semester.
The application deadline for the entrance audition is March 31st.
Important Information for foreign candidates concerning the language requirements.
Information about audition requirements and Registration form for Bassoon
In the registration form (Anmeldeformular für Fagott) you should fill in the name of the teacher you would like to study with here: “Lehrerwunsch im Hauptfach”
Audition requirements for Bassoon:
Pre-student/Bachelor of Music beginning from the 1st, 3rd, 5th or 7th semester:
- One virtuous étude free of choice
- One work from the Baroque or Classic period
- Two further works from different periods (not baroque or classical)
- Sight reading
The audition will take about 15 minutes.
In addition it will be examinations in the following:
- Written examinations in general musical knowledge (ca. 60 min.)
- Written examination in hearing (ca. 60 min.)
- Oral examination in hearing (ca. 5 min.)
- Piano playing (ca. 10 min.)
Master of Music beginning from the 1st semester, and postgraduate studies
(Aufbaustudium) from the 3rd semester:
- The Bassoon concerto KV 191 by W.A. Mozart
- One virtuous étude free of choice or another work with virtuous character.
- One contemporary work
- Two further works from different periods (not classical or contemporary)
- one work must be a solo piece
- Sight reading
- Three orchestral excerpts:
- Mozart: Ouvertüre Figaros Hochzeit
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Sheherazade
- Ravel: Bolero
The audition will take 10-15 minutes.
No further examinations.
Further information you will get from Yvonne Klein.